I stuck a snap of this little HG gem on the ol’ Insta stories early in the new year and was inundated with requests for the recipe, so here you go. Enjoy.
I eat this at least once a week because a) it tastes like happy angels are dancing in your mouth (although let’s face it, the angels are not as happy as when a Domino’s stuffed crust is landing in your mouth), b) it takes about 15 minutes and c) it’s full of lots of good stuff.
I usually make mine with prawns so that we can cook a couple on the side and feed them to the cats but chicken, beef or just using vegetables would worth perfectly too. OH, and you can make this as vegan or gluten-free friendly as your heart desires, so that’s nice.
I also tend to serve mine with noodles for no reason other than I blinkin’ love noodles, but rice works equally well.
– Put a large, deep frying pan on a medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and then add your chopped chilli, chopped garlic and chopped spring onion. (If you’re using chicken or any other meat, now’s also the time to add it – and wait until it’s starting to turn golden before continuing on with the method).
– Leave for a few minutes and then add the rest of your vegetables, chopped into ‘mouthful’ sizes.
– Leave for a few more minutes and add your curry paste, coconut milk and stock and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
– Sometimes I’ll add half a spoon more curry paste here, just depending on whether it tastes flavoursome enough.
– Add your prawns, and put your noodles on (or whack one of those rice sachets in the microwave).
– The prawns will literally cook within a minute or so and will turn pink and start to curl, so serve immediately.
– Place noodles/rice in a bowl and use a ladle to get all that sexiness out the pan.
– Serve with fresh coriander and peanuts (obvs optional) and a really, really, big squeeze of lime (not optional).
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. But be warned, I usually end up with half of it splattered down my top, so maybe where a bib? Lolz.