So, unless you’ve been on a social media hiatus, you’ll know all about my on-going problems with my pesky painful bladder.
To cheer myself up I ventured into Westfield Stratford’s Primark branch today. I’d have rather stayed ona few Central Line stops for Tottenham Court Road because they get the new stock in first but I wasn’t quite in the mood for tourists with rucksacks refusing to travel in groups of less than 20, y’know with the burning wee hole and everything.
- My first purchase was this £8 drop waist dress in Navy. I have quite a few jersey dresses from Topshop, but this drop waist style is actually much more comfy and loose-fitting, an absolute dream when it’s hot, you’re hungover and bloated from a giganosaurous sized McDonalds.
Dress: Topshop £8, Sandals: New Look, £39.99, Jumper: H&M £14.99, Clutch: eBay £4.49
- Apologies for my scraggy hair by the way, I may have spent three hours in bed watching Netflix before I took these photos. Next up is my socks. My little school girl socks that I teamed with my New Look sandals from last summer so that I look like a cooler (I hope) version of a German tourist. Yey.
Socks: Primark £1.50, Sandals: New Look £39.99
- I went on a bit of a skirt-athon. Ever since I did the my outfits in 7 days post, I’ve been even more of a jean-ophobe than usual. My fave skirt of the three I bought in Primark is this amazing palm tree a-line number for £9.
Skirt: Primark £9
- This one is slightly longer and floatier, and so I’ll probably end up wearing it more because it’ll cover up my post-peanut butter bagel bloat. Plus, what is it with pineapples that is so endearing?
- My third skirt is this cute blue print, but because of the front pleat it’s more roomy on my thighs. Because I suffer from very womanly hips and lady legs, A-line shaped skirts tend to look more like the micro mini skirts I wore to under-18 nights with halter neck tops and a Playboy necklace.
- I always check out the men’s section too. Most of my t-shirts are from H&M menswear, and I spotted this striped beaut for just £4. I’m hoping to get some long-sleeved Breton tees when the AW14 stock lands in store in a few weeks.
T-shirt: Primark £4, Skirt: Primark £8, Bag: Boohoo £12, Wedges: H&M £19.99
7+8. I wish Primark’s homeware department was larger than it is, because I always find so much stuff I love. Except for all the fleece blankets. Why DO they sell fleece blankets in about 15 different shades and patterns?
I bought a new variety of cushions today for my bed. It’s a nightmare having a moss green carpet because nothing goes. Wy do all rented properties insist on this rancid carpet colour? These grey cushions were £6 each, and the white lace one was £5.
Black and white cushion: Ikea £12, Grey cushions: Primark £6, Motto cushion: H&M £5.99, White cushion: Primark £5, White bed throw: Asda £18
- I also bought some cute new candles for £1.50 each, and I’ve placed them in a wooden tray from H&M home, and paired them with a ‘H’ candle that was a birthday present from Oliver Bonas.
Bed linen: Mentioned above, Tray: H&M £14.99, Silver candles: Primark £1.50, Initial candle: Oliver Bonas
Glass candle holders: Primark: £1.50, Initial candle: Oliver Bonas
- Finally, I got this pretty little box. I’m not sure what I’m going to keep in it yet, but I think it looks pretty snazzy on my bedside table.
‘Things’ box: Primark £3, Everything else: Car boots and gifts